Christian Education Mission Statement
The mission of the Christian Education Committee is to provide opportunities for people of all ages to develop into faithful disciples of Jesus Christ within our congregation, in our community and throughout the world.
1 Plan and guide programs of teaching the word of God to our children, youth and adults.
2 Provide support and training for educational leaders (church school teachers, youth group leaders, story tellers, etc.).
3 Provide opportunities within the context of the Christian church to learn about the Reformed Church in America.
4 Provide programs and opportunities for youth ministries.
5 Provide programs and opportunities for our congregation and community to share Christian love and compassion within our community and world. (Parent to Parent, Project Timothy, Bible School, Recreation-Arts & Praise)
6 To publicize all Christian Education programs and opportunities to church members and visitors.
7 Report to Consistory monthly.
Worship Committee Mission Statement
To provide opportunities to worship God as Father, Son and Holy Spirit, also known as Creator, Christ, Comforter and be able to come to God to hear God’s word in proclamation and sacrament, to respond in thanks and be inspired to go forth to serve.
1. Recruitment and training of lay liturgist, ushers, greeters, acolytes.
2. Care and maintenance of church seasonal banners.
3. Communion elements preparation and clean-up.
4. Collection and maintenance of Friendship Folders in pews.
5. Nurturing and caring for children during worship.
6. Providing for worship of God through music –Choir Director, Organist, Choirs.
7. Manage, maintain and provide routine and special components of worship church Decorations, flowers on shelf, speaker system, paraments, communion linens, pew rack materials, candles, Palms and Ashes.
8. Name Tags.
9. Implement and evaluate weekly and special worship services.
10. Maintenance and care of organ and piano.
11. Care and maintenance of all chancel furnishings and worship accouterments.
12. Care/maintenance/check on hymnals, bibles, large type hymnals.
Congregational Life Mission Statement
Congregational Life provides fellowship opportunities for enrichment in Christ and settings and/or events which encourage learning about others in Christ’s church, the community and the world.
1) To provide occasions for congregational fellowship to promote a sense of belonging among current members and welcome to visitors through such activities as coffee time, coffee hours, family night suppers, Easter Breakfast, church picnics, etc.
2) To assist other committees’ activities as they relate to people power for refreshments and fellowship.
3) To report to the Consistory on a monthly basis.
Stewardship/Finance Mission Statement
To create opportunities for people to respond to God’s love and grace by applying their time, talents and treasures toward furthering the work of Christ in this world.
1) To nurture a sense of Christian stewardship.
2) To further the education of stewardship among the congregation.
3) To record income and expenses as it compares to the budget.
4) To report to the Consistory on a monthly basis.
5) To prepare an annual budget for Consistory approval.
6) To coordinate an annual pledgecampaign.
7) To inform the congregation about financial matters.
8) To administer all church related insurances.
9) To order and distribute offering envelopes.
10) To provide for a periodic audit.