Christmas Eve Service
Pitcher Hill Community Church, 605 Bailey Road, North Syracuse
Sunday, December 24th 7:00 pm
Movie Night and Soup Cookoff
Movie – TBD
Saturday, January 20th 7:00 pm
Position Title: Part-time Organist/Choir Director
Church: Pitcher Hill Community Church
605 Bailey Road
North Syracuse, NY 13212
Instruments: Allen Renaissance digital organ (installed in 2001) and baby grand piano
Primary Functions: Provide organ and piano music for worship services. Direct church choir and support the worship service with appropriate musical selections.
- Degree in music or related field (preferred) or related work experience
- Demonstrated proficiency on organ and piano
- Has a good ear for pitch and rhythm, with a working knowledge of conducting a choir
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with established church organization and adhere to policies of the church
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Play the organ and/or piano at all regularly scheduled worship services and special services as directed (e.g. prelude, Hymns, choir selections, offertory, postlude).
- Provide accompaniment for both congregational and choral singing.
- Practice the hymns, anthem accompaniments and organ selections for scheduled worship services.
- Lead church choir rehearsals and performances.
- Develop a schedule of rehearsals for choir.
- Plan and provide suitable music for all regularly scheduled worship services, special services and church holidays as directed.
- Participate with pastor and Worship Committee in regular planning of worship services and coordinating music ministries.
- Determine when maintenance of church instruments is required.
- Provide music information to Office Manager for weekly bulletins in a timely fashion.
- Assist in finding a substitute when not available.
- Acquire music and adhere to all copyright laws related to use, licensing and distribution of music.
Opportunities: Opportunity may exist for additional income related to performances for weddings and funerals. Opportunity may exist to use organ and pianos for preparing and giving recitals or concerts.
Terms & Conditions of Employment
Supervision: Pastor and Worship Committee will serve as direct supervisors. Planned and unplanned absences must be reported to the Pastor and Worship Committee.
Work Year: Sundays, special services, church holidays and selected evenings for scheduled choir rehearsals
Salary: Salary is per service and will include additional pay if choir rehearsal/performance was included. Salary is to be negotiated based on education and experience. Expected annual salary would be in range of $10,000 to $13,000 and is reviewed annually. Additional compensation is provided for playing at weddings and funerals.
Medical Insurance: No coverage is provided.
Vacation: No paid vacation. Salary is per service.
Probationary Period: There is a 90-day probationary period for this position, with review at end of 90 days.
Contract: Initial contract will be for one year and either or both parties may choose to terminate employment after the conclusion of the first year.
Background Checks: Applicants must successfully pass background checks (e.g. criminal and child abuse history).
For applicant inquiries, please submit resume and cover letter to Pitcher Hill Community Church at email@example.com.